Featured Listings (more)
Saturday, August 14, 2010
The Development and Practice or Electronic Music
via this auction
"'The Development and Practice or Electronic Music' by Jon H. Appleton & Ronald C. Perera
Printed in 1975. Hardcover.
1. Otto Luening: Origins
2. A. Wayne Slawson: Sound, Electronics, and Hearing
3. Gustav Ciamaga: The Tape Studio
4. Joel Chadabe: The Voltage-Controlled Synthesizer
5. John E. Rogers: The Uses of Digital Computers in Electronic Music Generation
6. Gordon Mumma: Live Electronic Music
Basically an old textbook on electronic music and analog synthesizers, you can learn a lot about making electronic music with synthesizers by reading this book. Covers all sorts of things, such as how synthesizers work, how you hear different frequencies, how to record synthesizers, how to use them in interesting ways live, and examples of how others have used them in the past. There are also tons of great black and white photos of old synthesizers, modular synths, and people using them live.
Synthesizers pictured include: Minimoog, EML ElectroComp, Moog Sonic VI (Prototype?), ARP 2500, ARP 2600, Synket, Moog Modular, EML Synthi 100, EML Synthi A, and more!"
see the seller's other items for more.