Saturday, August 27, 2016
Moog Minimoog Model D SN 2433
via this auction
"This is a beautiful example of an early oscillator board Mini. Serial number is 2433. I bought it recently on ebay, in fair condition. However, it really needed more attention. I sent it over to Chris at This Old Synth for restoration and modification. Its been painstakingly gone through.
- The old P&R key bed has been replaced with the Opto-key kit (non-midi).
- All key bushings have been replaced and keys leveled and hand cleaned.
- Various aging (badly) components replaced.
- Edge card connectors tightened up.
- Pots and switches cleaned.
- Octave buffer kit installed for better tuning stability (holy cow, what a difference!)
- The Dead Band mod on the pitch wheel was installed.
- Tuned and scaled.
This synth sounds and feels like a DREAM. You will not easily find one of these in this condition, without spending a lot of money and time to fix it. In fact, unfortunately for me, I've dug a little hole of debt between the original purchase and restoration of this synth. I can't justify keeping it. I'm actually pretty upset about it. Truly, I'd love for this to go to someone who can afford to keep it forever. Sure, you can order the reissue from Moog, but this one just oozes character. Totally worth it!"