Monday, October 31, 2016
Rossum Electro-Music Ships CONTROL FORGE Programmable Universal CV Generator
"Eurorack Module is a Supremely Flexible Modulation Source for Elaborate One-Shot Contours, Evolving Cyclical Patterns, and Sequences that Live and Breathe
(Scotts Valley, CA, October 31, 2016) -- Rossum Electro-Music today announced that their Control Forge Programmable Universal CV Generator Eurorack module is now shipping to Rossum Electro-Music dealers worldwide.
Originally previewed earlier this year, Control Forge’s core functionality is drawn from the E-mu Morpheus’s insanely powerful (but hard to program on a two-line display) Function Generators. But now expanded into a supremely flexible modulation source encompassing elaborate one-shot contours, evolving cyclical patterns and sequences of arbitrary length and complexity.
• At its most basic, Control Forge is an 8-segment function generator with variable time and target voltage level for each segment.
• Each segment’s level can be defined either absolutely or relative to the ending level of the previous segment and can optionally be quantized to the nearest 1/12 volt.
• Each segment’s level may have a user defined range of randomness of either linear or gaussian distribution.
• The time scale may be modulated under CV control or manually via the encoder during runtime.
• There are 67 different transition shapes between segments (indicated graphically on the display during selection), from linear and exponential shapes to various flavors of random, chaotic, and many more that don’t lend themselves to one-word descriptions, including the ability to pass CVs directly through to the output for individual segments.
• Also included are “DC” shapes that allow the module to be used as a sequencer with all of the module’s available programmability. When combined with Control Forge’s Preset Sequencer, sequences can be hundreds of steps long and modified in real time manually or by CVs.
• Each segment may optionally have a conditional jump that results in a jump to another selected segment (or to a completely different preset) if a particular condition is met. E.g., a CV being above or below the selected conditional value, the presence or lack of a gate or logic high at their respective inputs, rising or falling edges at the inputs, etc. So, in addition to one-shot shapes, extremely elaborate cyclical patterns can be programmed that evolve based on the various conditional inputs.
• Control Forge’s AutoChain functionality allows the creation of two very specific kinds of multi-preset patterns: A multi-preset retriggerable pattern (like a long syncable LFO), and a multi-preset “envelope-like” pattern with retriggerablity, an optional sustain section, and a “release" section that’s jumped to on gate fall.
• Two independent triggers can be programmed to fire in response to a variety of events and can be used to affect either Control Forge itself or external modules.
• 500 presets can be saved and recalled.
• A preset sequencer allows stepping through up to 200 user-defined series of presets under trigger, clock or manual control. This allows contours and sequences of almost unlimited length and complexity.
• All presets and sequences can be transferred to any number of Rossum Electro-Music Satellite modules, which can then operate as stand-alone modulation sources, completely independent of the Control Forge.
Control Forge is now available from Rossum Electro-Music dealers worldwide. Its price in the USA is $499.00.
More Control Forge information can be found at the Rossum Electro-Music web site: http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/control_forge/"