Sunday, November 20, 2016
Ableton Push Patch Change Program Preset Change via Live Midi
Published on Nov 19, 2016 Incredible Change
A quick tip tutorial in via MATRIXSYNTH reader Incredible Change.
"How to change a patch or preset via a Program Change using Ableton Live Push.
1. Download Ctrlr for your operating system (MAC, WINDOWS, LINUX)
2. Install Program
3. Start Ableton Live
4. Insert new Midi Track
5. Load Instrument Rack in your new Midi Track
6. Place Ctrlr VST or AU in Instrument Rack
7. Create new Panel in your Ctrlr
8. Create new slider on your new panel
9. Edit parameters so that the midi communicates to your device with a Program Change and your input setting on device or VST
10. Select Input Outputs on CTRLR Menu
11. Save Panel
12. Save Instrument Rack.
13. Map the Ctrlr Parameter via Ableton to the slider you wish to use on Instrument Rack.
14. Save this Ableton Preset to load at your convenience.
I'm missing one step during the tutorial, before you load the Instrument Rack, make sure to create a new Midi Track to insert the Instrument Rack."