Featured Listings (more)
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Moog Prodigy 336A Analog Monophonic Synthesizer SN 2975
via this auction
"The Prodigy was an entry-level monosynth from Moog, which has since become a very popular and widely used Bass-synth in techno and electronic music. It was designed as an affordable dual-oscillator synth. It was, however, designed without any help from Bob Moog himself. That didn't stop the Prodigy from becoming one of the legendary analog synths!
Its simple yet effective design employs two voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) with saw, triangle and pulse waveforms. There's also a genuine Moog 24dB / octave lowpass filter, A/D/S envelope generator, and LFO with square or triangle waveforms and routing to the VCF, VCO or both. Synth also includes Portamento, Pitch and Mod wheels.
I have been hanging on to this synth for a friend for over 10 years and we have finally decided to pass it on to someone that will put it to some use in a studio or at gigs. First this synth has a few defects but luckily they are all cosmetic or easily fixed. The issues are listed as follows:
1. The front wooden frame has a piece missing on the right.
2. The right-most key on the keyboard is missing it's right support so the key tilts to the left. The key still works perfectly fine but the action is not as clean as the other 31 keys.
3. The mixer knob for oscillator 1 is missing. This can pretty easily be replaced.
4. The contour knob for the filter is broken. The broken knob will be included and can be glued back on or replaced easily.
5. The wood glue that sticks the metal top plate to the side plates could use replacing. The unit is sturdy due to all working machine screws on bottom of unit but for taking out for gigs I would probably spend a few dollars to restore the wood glue on the side plates. Very minor restoration."