Friday, March 17, 2017
Erica Synths Introduces a Polivoks Inspired DIY Modular System
Erica Synths eurorack DIY System sound demo Published on Mar 17, 2017 Erica Synths
"Erica Synths DIY System is a Polivoks inspired eurorack modular system with 53 patch points that go well beyond classical monosynths.
*All sounds in demo solely from the DIY System, no effects or drum lines added."
via Erica Synths:
"March 17, 2017
We are incredibly excited to introduce our new DIY kits!
Fully redesigned, skiff friendly and even more adapted for modular functionality – great sounding 84HP two-VCO modular system with 53 patch points that go well beyond classical monosynths.
Key modules are Polivoks-inspired, but this is not just a Polivoks clone. We have introduced numerous innovative solutions in each module to make it more versatile and to expand the functionality of the entire system.
DIY module system includes:
▪ DIY MIDI-CV emulates classical monophonic and duophonic synth behaviour. ▪ DIY Modulator essentially is LFO with simultaneous triangle and square wave outputs, clockable S&H with external CV input and noise source.
▪ DIY Polivoks-inspired VCO with simultaneous triangle, ramp and pulse wave outputs, sync and PWM CV inputs. In VCO’s exponential converter we use the original matched transistor IC that was used in Polivoks.
▪ DIY Mixer is simple, straight-forward audio mixer an essential part of any modular setup.
▪ DIY Polivoks VCF is famous for its’ crazy resonance sweeps and deep, bassy sound, which makes it ideal for acid basslines. A kit comes with two K140UD12 opamps that were used in the original Polivoks.
▪ DIY Polivoks-inspired looping ADSR Envelope generator with gate delay, direct and inverted envelope outputs.
▪ DIY Polivoks-inspired VCA - two differential opamp-based VCAs in series each for LFO and ADSR control over signal amplitude independently; it can be used as dual VCA, as well. Kit comes with two K118UD1 differential opamp ICs.
▪ DIY Output module allows you to interface modular system with external gear via 3,5mm stereo jack and monitor compositions on headphones.
To complete the System, we have added:
▪ One row 84HP skiff case
▪ External, universal PSU module ▪ Horizontal wooden side panels
DIY kits are available in different variations - PCBs+rare ICs | PCBs+rare ICs + panels | full kits.
Individual full kits starting from 50EUR (ex VAT)
Module bundle (10 modules 84HP) PCBs + ICs=220€ (ex. VAT)
Module bundle (10 modules 84HP) PCBs + ICs+ Panel=355€ (ex. VAT) Module bundle (10 modules 84HP) full kit= 750€ (ex. VAT)
Module bundle 84HP with case and 20 patch cables =1000€ (ex. VAT)
Available from www.ericasynths.lv and leading DIY retailers worldwide!"