Monday, March 27, 2017
Limaflo Chicago 'Riff & Bass' Synthesizer
via this auction
"Up for your consideration is an 'ultra rare' (Kickstarter backed, only 30 made) boutique and extraordinary. This unit is complete ‘ready to go’ hand-assembled, and fully tested with silk-screened metalwork. 5 Oscillators, a MIDI Saw/Square/Sub wave Analog Synthesizer with four additional independent pulse waves. Deep Lounge sinewaves, classic House bass, through to dirty Techno riffs. The Chicago Boutique RIFF & BASS Analog Synthesizer is designed with basic or limited features, yet a useful sound portfolio, made possible by the four variable phase and width pulse oscillators, in addition to the Sub, Square and Saw oscillators, all shaped by a wide bandwidth 4 pole Sallen & Key low-pass Analog filter. The Limited Edition Chicago Boutique Monophonic RIFF & BASS Analog Synthesizer began with a new approach to the filter and oscillator design, resulting in sounds that work perfectly 'in the mix', with deep solid lows and rich percussive highs (when you need it). Pulse nuance controls allow you to get the sound just right through very subtle harmonic variations.
• 4 x independent Pulse waves with variable phase (automatic or manual) and pulse-width control.
• 1 x Square or Saw and Sub oscillator - all with accurate stable tuning (at any temperature). The Saw oscillator circuit uses discrete components for a perfect and pure Saw waveform.
The 'limited edition' product features:
• Analog signal path from the oscillator to the output
• 1 x Saw or Square wave (selectable)
• 1 x Synced Square Sub (-1 Octave) - it also divides the Saw frequency by 2
• 4 x independent Pulse waves with automatic or manual adjustment of the phase, and manual adjustment of the pulse width. (Automatic adjustment of the pulse phase is like a detune of the oscillators)
• Tune (0 to +60 cents), Major 3rd, Perfect 4th or Perfect 5th
• MIDI In, MIDI Thru, channel selection 1 to 16
• Classic Gate mode or Gate and 'Trigger on every note' mode
• 6 channel mixer
• Amplifier ADSR
• Sallen & Key 24dB/Octave Low pass filter with Attack, Peak, Decay, Sustain and Resonance control
• Set to sine (low frequency filter) switch
• Filter decay mode switch
• 482 mm (19") x 132 mm (3U) and ~40 mm from face to base
• 1 Watt power dissipation
• Approx. 2 kg"