Sunday, August 28, 2016
EMS VCS3 Mk1 - The Putney
via this auction
"EMS VCS3 “The Putney” - 1970 - Ser#30X
EMS VCS3 “The Putney”, an early Mk1 example build around 1970 and imported into the USA by Ionic Industries. This particular instrument has undergone a complete restoration by a top EMS restoration technician with over 18 years experience with EMS equipment and other high end analog synthesizers.
- Complete cleaning inside and out
- New flawless hardwood cabinet made to exact specifications as the original
- New trimpots for cards A and C (VCO / Power Supply Cards)
- New electrolytic capacitors throughout
- New frequency verniers
- New power cable
- New pins (complete set)
- New wood back and bottom covers purchased from EMS
- Front panels returned to EMS in cornwall for re-screening (at great expense!)
- Full power supply refurbish
- Full calibration, burn in and test
Buy with confidence, I’ve restored over 20 EMS Synthis/Punteys including 2 Synthi100s and know them very well.
Some famous Putney users: Hawkwind, Brian Eno/Roxy Music, John Carpenter, Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Todd Rundgren"