Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Details on the SEQ MIDI Step Sequencer by Polyend
Published on Apr 12, 2017 Polyend
"Equipped with a wide array of Ins and Outs, allowing you to communicate freely with other devices of every era and genre. You can also feed tracks with MIDI notes using your favorite MIDI controller."
We saw it at NAMM, here are the details and price.
SEQ Polyphonic step sequencer
A journey of a thousand tunes begins with a single step.
The idea behind SEQ was to craft the ultimate hardware step sequencer. 32 steps, 8 polyphonic tracks, 256 pattern storage - all enclosed within the highest quality aluminum and wooden housing.
Most of the functions are available directly from the front panel and all its features give the quickest and most natural way to bring ideas to light. And, when user got them together, rest assured they wonʼt get lost thanks to the autosave function.
• 8 tracks with 32 steps each
• 256 pattern memory
• Live sequence recording with external device via MIDI
• Step parameters: Note, Velocity, Length, Modulation, Roll
• Independent track play modes: Normal, Reversed, Pingpong, Random, Polymetric, Polyrhythmic • Track parameters: Length, Velocity, Scale, MIDI Channel, MIDI Out
• All parameter changes are automatically saved
• MIDI In to either sync clock or input MIDI notes • MIDI Thru
• 2 independent MIDI Outs
• USB for bidirectional MIDI communication
• Footswitch input to control Start, Stop, and Record
Most of the parameters and values can be read from the SEQ interface at a glance. For the rest of them, we provide a bright and sharp screen. Minimalistic, stripped down from any distractions, it brings all the information user needs in any performing conditions meet.
Length: Width: Height: Weight:
23.6 in (60 cm) 5.7 in (14.5 cm) 1.7 in (4.3 cm) 4.6 lbs (2.1 kg)
Whatʼs in the box
• Universal Power Supply • USB Cable
SEQ is available for pre-order. First batch will be shipped in March/April 2017. Price: 999 USD
POLY Polyphonic MIDI to CV converter
We wanted to incorporate direct and seamless connections between SEQ and voltage control universes, which we are quite fond of. POLY is an Eurorack module with implemented configuration reflecting SEQʼs eight channels. It converts the MIDI signal to voltage values managing the Gate, Pitch, Velocity, and Modulation parameters of each step. Through CV outputs, any Eurorack array can be fed with all the musical content you just created using SEQ.
POLY is also available for pre-order.
First batch will be shipped in March/April 2017.
Price: 399 USD
Polyend website / pre-order www.polyend.com