Featured Listings (more)
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
PPG Phonem By Wolfgang Palm Released
Update: Playlist above added.
Demoing the program browser
The Phonem iPad Audio Unit Extension
Using the load-filter to create new sounds
iTunes: Phonem - Wolfgang Palm
"After the huge success of the PPG Phonem VST/AU plugin, we optimized the sound-engine to make it run pretty well on the iPad.
It has also been adapted to make best use of multi-touch and comes with IAA and AU-extension.
PPG Phonem lets the user create expressive vocal synthesis beyond anything ever heard before. With its advanced routing system every aspect of the voice can be controlled and modulated in any conceivable way. Anything from a quiet whisper to a scream. Use the intuitive text to speech tool to make Phonem say whatever you want.
Although the PPG Phonem was originally designed to do just vocal synthesis, it turned out that the system was also capable of producing a wide range of universal synthsizer sounds. So we extended the parameter ranges and made everything accessible to the user, to take advantage of this fact.
▪ Create your own singing style and expressions
▪ Large Phoneme inventory - 46 english/american plus 5 german plus 4 french phonemes
▪ Versatile excitation generator/oscillator
▪ Working with typical voice source or wavetable and time-corrected-samples (TCS)
▪ Extreme time stretching, freezing and reversing
▪ Pitch track - let your robots sing
▪ Control track - let it cry and shout
▪ Song mode - making it easy to compose your synthesized text
▪ Wave page - create your own wavetables and modify time-corrected-samples
▪ Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
▪ All internal parameters available to the user - give your voices a special dialect or individual character
▪ Versatile matrix system - allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters
▪ Two X/Y control pads freely routable to 40 parameters
▪ 6 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
▪ 4 LFOs plus Vibrato, Flutter and Growl generators
▪ Fully programmable resonator filter - allowing production of new sound effects
▪ Delay/Reverb effect
▪ Overdrive/Distortion effect
▪ A/B compare your edited sounds
▪ AU extension - run multiple Phonem instances in AU hosts
▪ IAA - inter-app audio support
▪ Audiobus 2 with statesaving
▪ 10 min audio recording and Audio copy to the pasteboard
▪ Redesigned browser with new listing filters
▪ Directly accessible context help for each module
▪ Freely configurable schematic keypads, with extremely expressive modulation options
▪ 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
▪ 4 MIDI modes: Omni, Poly, Mono, and Voice-Per-Channel."