Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Hawkeye - Fuel (dawless live Kawai K5000, Roland V-Synth, Alesis A6)
Published on Oct 18, 2016 Maelstroem3
"Hey, had a little fun with some samples from an old car information system - 1980s era - this reminds me of childhood and i especially love the modulation on the "door is *open*" sample. Man, you forgot to close it! Bad driver! :-)
All was recorded live directly to a 2-channel tascam .wav recorder, just added a little bit of compression after recording. No DAW was abused!
Gear in use:
* Roland V-Synth for sample and slight sample manipulation
* overexcessive use of a Strymon Big Sky
* Kawai K5000r for additive pad stuff in the middle section, modulating the harmonic spectrum with the K5000 datawheel :)
* Alesis A6 with a slightly over-time-detuned (yes, this was intentional) lead
* FS1r for the first FM-bassline
* Little Phatty through DIY Polivoks for the second bassline
* E-MU Ultra and Elektron Machinedrum for drums
* all sequenced by the almighty MIDIbox SEQ v4, thanks to Thorsten Klose, this sequencer allows so many people to go completely DAWless and have fun without pushing a mouse :-)
Thanks for watching and listening, hope you had some fun!