Thursday, April 13, 2017
ASR X Lo-Fi Bit Crusher FX
Published on Apr 13, 2017 The Daydream Sound
"Reducing the bit rate of your samples on the Ensoniq ASR X drum machine is easy and useful especially for Lo-Fi Boom Bap Hip-Hop. It’s a great feature for shading the tone of your sounds. In this was bit crushing can be used as subtle form of EQ.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Start by pressing the “Sound” button in the track section and scroll until you get to the “Utility Silence” page. This will make sure that all the pads of the ASR X are blank with no sounds.
2. Start with any sample you want and load it to one of the open pads.
3. Once a sound is loaded, select that pad by pressing it and then press the “Process” button in the “Pad” section.
4. Scroll until you see “Reduce Sample Bits?”
5. Press the “Yes” button
6. You’ll be taken to a page where you can select the bit rate you want to use. (You can select between 15 bits to 1 bit).
7. Press the “Yes” button to confirm your selection.
8. That’s it your done?
Thanks for listening Everyone!"