MATRIXSYNTH is completely free, however if you'd like to contribute to the site you can do so via the MATRIXSYNTH Patreon page. Patreon uses PayPal and is super easy to use. Patreon contributors who help support the site do get some perks, including links to their site, the ability to send in extra content including their music, and free auction posts as a thank you for their support. They are also linked to on the MATRIXSYNTH Support Page. If you use the site to help promote yourself, please consider a minimal contribution for as little as $1 a month via Patreon or direct via PayPal to email@example.com. If you are a manufacturer featured on the site please consider contributing. If you are a manufacturer or dealer interested in sponsoring the site via a banner on the right, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the rates.
All readers of the site are free to send items in for posts, however, the focus must be on specific, identifiable synths - synth demos and synth spotting only. Readers need to be able to tell what each synth is doing. The site is about showcasing gear, not general synth music promotion. If your music does a good job at demonstrating specific gear, feel free to send it in. If you submit a post for commercial or promotional purposes please consider becoming a Patreon supporter of the site. Patreon supporters are allowed to submit general music and commercial content as long as they focus on synths.
GEAR FOR SALE POSTS on MATRIXSYNTH are free for Patreon supporters or $5 for an eBay or MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS listing. If you expect to send in three or more eBay items a year I strongly recommend becoming a Patreon supporter of the site. Patreon uses Paypal so if you sell on eBay you should be ready to go. If an item does not sell and you have to re-list, you can send in NEW pics of the item for a new, additional post at no charge. If an item expires on the Classifieds site I can extend the listing at no charge. If you are a dealer and would like to submit items for sale directly on your site, contact matrixsynth@gmail for details. Synths only, one synth per post, and new pics are required for new posts.
You can submit an auction/for-sale post as follows:
1. List your item on eBay and send the auction number and $5 via Paypal to email@example.com.
2. List your item on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSFIEDS. DO NOT send payment beforehand as the $5 payment is processed directly through the classifieds site at the time of the listing creation. You can include auction numbers and links to your item for sale on other sites including eBay, Etsy, etc in your listing if you like. Going through the classifieds site for your eBay and Etsy listings not only gets you a post on MATRIXSYNTH, but gives you extra exposure on the classifieds site. You can update listings at any time should you need to update the auction number, adjust the price, description, photos, etc. Listings run for 90 days but can be extended at no charge by sending a request and link to the item to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note I cannot guarantee your item will sell, but I can guarantee your item will be seen by MATRIXSYNTH readers via a post here on MATRIXSYNTH as well as on MATRIXSYNTH Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. The $5 covers the work in creating the post here on MATRIXSYNTH and helps eliminate spam listings on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS. Price your item accordingly or offer an OBO if you are in need of a quick sale.
To submit a post or if you have any questions, send email to email@example.com.
Some site tips:
- Become a Patreon Supporter not only to help support the site, but to help promote yourself!
- Use the OLDER POSTS and NEWER POSTS links at the bottom of each page to catch up on posts.
- See the New Gear page to catch up on new gear.
- To track new products see the following channels: New, New Synths, New Modules, New Soft Synths, New Mobile Apps, New Controllers, New Mods, New Tools, New Makers, New Old.
- Also see the NAMM & Musikmesse channels. You can break them down further by year.
- If you are on mobile you can click through a post title followed by "Reader View" for a mobile version of the post. Note this only works for some posts and was only verified in iOS. The "Reader View" is on the far left of the address bar.
- To filter posts by a manufacturer or category, click a channel label at the bottom of a post. If you are a manufacturer you can track what has gone up for you there. You can share the link on your website and/or social sites to promote your work with your followers.
- When submitting a post keep links in descriptions short so people can copy, right click and open them. Links in most posts are inactive due to the sheer work in creating them. It might not seem like much, but at roughly 50 posts a day you are looking at 50 x the number of links in each post every single day. Those that link to and promote MATRIXSYNTH are more likely to get active links in posts as a thank you. For video descriptions you can click through the video to get to active links on YouTube or Vimeo.
- There are two search boxes on the top right of the site. Try both. Each can be sorted by date or relevance.
- Add additional terms to your search to filter further, for example Synthi Auction.
- Old auction links will take you to the sold page on eBay where you can check the price.
- Search for serial numbers of synths to see if they have been mentioned in the past.
- Search for individual YouTube accounts to filter videos by that user.
- Check the Updates label at least once a day to see post updates marked in red.
- Be sure to check out the site menu and all links at the top of the site as well as the right.