MATRIXSYNTH is completely free, however if you'd like to contribute to the site you can do so via the MATRIXSYNTH Patreon page. Patreon contributors that help support the site get to send in extra content including their music and auction items for posts as a thank you for their support. They are also linked to on the MATRIXSYNTH Support Page.
All readers of the site are free to send items in for posts, however, the focus must be on specific, identifiable synths - synth demos and synth spotting only. The site is about showcasing gear, not general synth music promotion. If your music does a good job at demonstrating specific gear, feel free to send it in.
GEAR FOR SALE POSTS on MATRIXSYNTH are free for Patreon supporters or $5 for an eBay or MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS listings. If an item does not sell and you have to re-list, you can send in new pics of the item for a new, additional post. If an item does not sell on the Classifieds site within 90 days, you can contact me to extend the item until it does sell. If you are a dealer and would like to submit items for sale directly on your shop, contact matrixsynth@gmail for details. Synths only, one synth per post. You can submit your post as follows:
1. List your item on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSFIEDS. The $5 payment is run through the classifieds site. You can list items for sale elsewhere, including eBay, as well. Note going through the classifieds site for your eBay listings not only gets you a post on MATRIXSYNTH, but gives you extra exposure on the classifieds site. You can update the listing at any time should you need to update the auction number, adjust the price, description, photos, etc. Only new pics get a follow-up new post on MATRIXSYNTH.
2. List your item on eBay and send the auction number and $5 via Paypal to email@example.com.
To submit a post or if you have any questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the OLDER POSTS and NEWER POSTS links at the bottom of each page to catch up on posts.
- To track new products see the following channels: New, New Synths, New Modules, New Soft Synths, New Mobile Apps, New Controllers, New Mods, New Tools, New Makers, New Old.
- Also see the NAMM & Musikmesse channels. You can break them down further by year.
- If you are on mobile you can click through a post title followed by "Reader View" for a mobile version of the post. Note this only works for some posts and was only verified in iOS. The "Reader View" is on the far left of the address bar.
- To filter posts by a manufacturer or category, click a channel label at the bottom of a post. If you are a manufacturer you can track what has gone up for you there. You can share the link on your website and/or social sites to promote your work with your followers.
- When submitting a post keep links in descriptions short so people can copy, right click and open them. Links in most posts are inactive due to the sheer work in creating them. It might not seem like much, but at roughly 50 posts a day you are looking at 50 x the number of links in each post every single day. Those that link to and promote MATRIXSYNTH are more likely to get active links in posts as a thank you. For video descriptions you can click through the video to get to active links on YouTube or Vimeo.
- Use the Blogger Search box on the top left for post format results. You can sort results by date.
- Use the Google Search box on the top right for Google listed results.
- Add additional terms to your search to filter further, for example Synthi Auction.
- Old auction links will take you to the sold page on eBay where you can check the price.
- Search for serial numbers of synths to see if they have been mentioned in the past.
- Search for individual YouTube accounts to filter videos by that user.
- Check the Updates label at least once a day to see post updates marked in red.
- Be sure to check out the site menu and all links at the top of the site as well as the right.