POST GUIDELINES |
MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS |
STOLEN GEAR ALERTS!
For Sale: Massive PAIA Modular | Solton Polyvox | Polyfusion Cabinet | Polyfusion VCF | Polyfusion Dual AMP | Polyfusion Dual ENV | Polyfusion VCO | Roland PG 200 and 300 | more...
Events | Music: verstaerker & A/head "Warhog | MIDERA --In the absence of expression | Befaco Modular Workshops | The VX-323
MATRIXSYNTH Posting Guidelines
Readers of the site are free to send items in for posts, however, the focus must be on specific synths.
A quick note on the most common requests for posts that currently come in:
Gear for sale: If you have an item to sell that you would like to promote on the site, you can either list it on eBay or on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS. All posts on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS get a post on MATRIXSYNTH. EBay items up go on MATRIXSYNTH or MATRIXSYNTH-B depending on the item and the quality of the pics.
Commercial posts: If you have non gear items for sale such as sample packs, patches for sale, tutorial services, build/DIY services, etc., MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS is a great way to promote that. All listings there get a post on MATRIXSYNTH as well.
Music: If you want to promote your music on the site you can, but you have to showcase individual synths while doing so. Think synth demos that happen to feature your music. For general synth music where the individual synths are not easily differentiated you can share it for free on the MATRIXSYNTH Lounge or in the Everything Music section of the MATRIXSYNTH Forum. There is currently one exception for general synth music posts on the main site. Posts in the Music Promotion section of MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS currently get a post on MATRIXSYNTH as well as MATRIXSYNTH Twitter and Facebook. Note Music Promotion listings on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS do not currently expire.
The following is what goes up on each site:
MATRIXSYNTH is about individual synths - demos and synth spotting only - music showcasing specific synths.
MATRIXSYNTH-B is auction overflow. Synths only.
MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS is an online classifieds site. Posts that go up there go up on MATRIXSYNTH, Twitter and Facebook.
The MATRIXSYNTH Lounge is a Facebook group for readers of the site. You can share your music and ask questions to fellow readers.
MATRIXSYNTH Forum is a forum for readers of MATRIXSYNTH.
To submit a post or if you have any questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some site tips:
- Keep links short so people can copy, right click and open them. Links in most posts are inactive due to the sheer work in creating them. It might not seem like much, but at roughly 50 posts a day you are looking at 50 x the number of links in each post every single day. Those that link to and promote MATRIXSYNTH are more likely to get active links in posts as a thank you. For video descriptions you can click through the video to get to active links on YouTube or Vimeo.
- Be sure to click the OLDER POSTS link at the bottom of each page to catch up on posts.
- Use the channel labels at the bottom of posts to bring up posts only for that channel.
- Use the Blogger Search box on the top left for post format results. You can sort results by date.
- Use the Google Search box on the top right for Google listed results.
- Add additional terms to your search to filter further, for example Synthi Auction.
- Old auction links will take you to the sold page on eBay where you can check the price.
- Search for serial numbers of synths to see if they have been mentioned in the past.
- Search for individual YouTube accounts to filter videos by that user.
- Check the Updates label at least once a day to see post Updates marked in red.
- Be sure to check out the site menu and all links at the top of the site as well as the right.
- There are two comment forms at the bottom of each posts - Blogger comments, and Facebook Comments. Only Blogger Comments show up for the Comments count at the bottom of posts and for the Comments link in the top site menu. It is an annoyance, but until Facebook offers a comment feed there is nothing I can do other than remove Facebook comments from the site. If a post interests you, click through and see if there are any FB comments.
Leave any questions you have in the comments below.