MATRIXSYNTH is a daily log of the world of synthesizers with the focus on specific individually identifiable synths. What makes MATRIXSYNTH unique is that everyday users of the synth community are featured daily on the site. This site is a daily slice of life in the world of synthesizers. Imagine if we were able to capture that history back during the birth of synthesizers. That time is lost, however, the purpose of this site is to capture some of that history moving forward, starting back in 2005.
Readers of the site are free to send items in for posts, however, the focus must be on specific synths.
A quick note on the most common requests for posts that currently come in:
GEAR FOR SALE POSTS on MATRIXSYNTH are $5. Synths only, one synth per post. You can submit your post as follows:
1. List your item on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSFIEDS. You can include your eBay auction number if you’d like.
2. List your item on eBay and send the auction number and $5 via Paypal to email@example.com.
The long version of the above: If you have an item for sale that you would like to promote on the site, you can list it on eBay and/or on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS, followed by sending email with the item number or link to firstname.lastname@example.org. eBay posts run $5 payable via Paypal to email@example.com. Classifieds listings run $5 for 90 days paid via Paypal directly through MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS when creating a listing. You can list eBay items on the classifieds site making it a great option as you get the post on MATRIXSYNTH, and you get 90 days of additional exposure at no additional cost. You can update the listing at any time should you need to update the auction number, adjust the price, description, photos, etc. If you have any questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMERCIAL POSTS: If you have non gear items for sale such as sample packs, patches for sale, tutorial services, build/DIY services, etc., MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS is a great way to promote that. Synth related listings there will get a post on MATRIXSYNTH as well.
MUSIC: If you want to promote your music on the site you can, but you have to showcase individual synths while doing so. Think synth demos that happen to feature your music. For general synth music where the individual synths are not easily differentiated you can share it for free on the MATRIXSYNTH Lounge or in the Everything Music section of the MATRIXSYNTH Forum. There is currently one exception for general synth music posts on the main site. Posts in the Music Promotion section of MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS currently get a post on MATRIXSYNTH as well as MATRIXSYNTH Twitter and Facebook. Note Music Promotion listings on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS do not currently expire.
The following is what goes up on each site:
MATRIXSYNTH is about individual synths - demos and synth spotting only - music showcasing specific synths.
MATRIXSYNTH-B is auction overflow. Synths only.
MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS is an online classifieds site. Posts that go up there go up on MATRIXSYNTH, Twitter and Facebook.
The MATRIXSYNTH Lounge is a Facebook group for readers of the site. You can share your music and ask questions to fellow readers.
MATRIXSYNTH Forum is a forum for readers of MATRIXSYNTH.
To submit a post or if you have any questions, send email to email@example.com.
Some site tips:
- Keep links short so people can copy, right click and open them. Links in most posts are inactive due to the sheer work in creating them. It might not seem like much, but at roughly 50 posts a day you are looking at 50 x the number of links in each post every single day. Those that link to and promote MATRIXSYNTH are more likely to get active links in posts as a thank you. For video descriptions you can click through the video to get to active links on YouTube or Vimeo.
- Be sure to click the OLDER POSTS link at the bottom of each page to catch up on posts.
- Use the channel labels at the bottom of posts to bring up posts only for that channel.
- Use the Blogger Search box on the top left for post format results. You can sort results by date.
- Use the Google Search box on the top right for Google listed results.
- Add additional terms to your search to filter further, for example Synthi Auction.
- Old auction links will take you to the sold page on eBay where you can check the price.
- Search for serial numbers of synths to see if they have been mentioned in the past.
- Search for individual YouTube accounts to filter videos by that user.
- Check the Updates label at least once a day to see post Updates marked in red.
- Be sure to check out the site menu and all links at the top of the site as well as the right.
- There are two comment forms at the bottom of each posts - Blogger comments, and Facebook Comments. Only Blogger Comments show up for the Comments count at the bottom of posts and for the Comments link in the top site menu. It is an annoyance, but until Facebook offers a comment feed there is nothing I can do other than remove Facebook comments from the site. If a post interests you, click through and see if there are any FB comments.