Become a MATRIXSYNTH Member! (sign up here!). Members of the site get the following benefits:
- Free listings on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS
- Free auction posts on the main site (synths only, 1 post per listing)
- Free music posts on the main site - you can submit and promote your music!
- Free MATRIXSYNTH T-Shirt, cards & magnet for those that sign up for $5 a month or more.
- Knowing you are an active supporter and contributor of the site!
If you do not need any of the benefits but want to sign up and contribute anyway, please do!
If you use the site to help promote yourself, please consider becoming a member. If you are a manufacturer or dealer interested in sponsoring the site for a flat monthly rate in exchange for a banner on the right, send email to email@example.com for the rates.
All readers of the site are free to send in items for posts regardless of membership, however, the focus must be on specific, identifiable synths - think synth demos and synth spotting only. Readers need to be able to tell what each synth is doing. The site is about showcasing gear, and not music promotion. If you submit a post for commercial or promotional purposes please consider becoming a supporting member of the site.
GEAR FOR SALE POSTS on MATRIXSYNTH are free for members, or $5 for non-members. If you expect to send in three or more items a year, I strongly recommend becoming a member of the site. Membership uses Paypal so if you sell on eBay you should be ready to go. If an item does not sell and you have to re-list, you can send in NEW pics of the item for a new, additional post at no charge.
You can submit an auction/for-sale post as follows:
For eBay listings:
- If you are a supporting member of the site, simply send the item in to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note on who your are.
- If you are not a member, send a link to your auction number and $5 via Paypal to email@example.com.
For MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS listings:
- If you are a supporting member of the site, create an account on the classifieds site and send email to matrixsynth.com with who you are. You will be given free access to list items on the classifieds site.
General notes on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS:
- Synths listings on the classifieds site may get posted on MATRIXSYNTH either separately or with other listings that have gone up for the day depending on the item and pics.
- You can include auction numbers and links to your item for sale on other sites including eBay, Etsy, etc in your listing if you like.
- You can update listings at any time should you need to update the auction number, adjust the price, description, photos, etc.
- Listings run for 90 days but can be extended at no charge by sending a request and link to the item to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Price your item accordingly or offer an OBO if you are in need of a quick sale.
- The $5 covers the work in creating the post here on MATRIXSYNTH and helps eliminate spam listings on MATRIXSYNTH CLASSIFIEDS.
General post submission and site tips:
To submit a post or if you have any questions, send email to email@example.com.
- Become a supporting member of MATRIXSYNTH not only to help support the site, but to help promote yourself!
- Use the OLDER POSTS and NEWER POSTS links at the bottom of each page to catch up on posts.
- See the New Gear page to catch up on new gear.
- See the comments page to catch up comment from readers of the site.
- If you are on mobile you can click through a post title followed by "Reader View" for a mobile version of the post. Note this only works for some posts and was only verified in iOS. The "Reader View" is on the far left of the address bar.
- To filter posts by a manufacturer or category, click a channel label at the bottom of a post. If you are a manufacturer you can track what has gone up for you there. You can share the link on your website and/or social sites to promote your work with your followers.
- When submitting a post keep links in descriptions short so people can copy, right click and open them. Links in most posts are inactive due to the sheer work in creating them. It might not seem like much, but at roughly 50 posts a day you are looking at 50 x the number of links in each post every single day. Those that link to and promote MATRIXSYNTH are more likely to get active links in posts as a thank you. For video descriptions you can click through the video to get to active links on YouTube or Vimeo.
- There are two search boxes on the top right of the site. Try both. Each can be sorted by date or relevance.
- Add additional terms to your search to filter further, for example Synthi Auction.
- Old auction links will take you to the sold page on eBay where you can check the price.
- Search for serial numbers of synths to see if they have been mentioned in the past.
- Search for individual YouTube accounts to filter videos by that user.
- Check the Updates label at least once a day to see post updates marked in red.
- Be sure to check out the site menu and all links at the top of the site as well as the right.