Sunday, October 30, 2016
RogerLinn Design Introduces New LinnStrument 128 & Software Version 2.0.0 Update
You all should be familiar with Roger Linn's LinnStrument. There is now a new compact version featuring 4 octaves consisting of 128 note pads for $999 vs. 5 octaves of 200 note pads for $1499.
via RogerLinn Design
"Many of you have told me you'd love to own a LinnStrument but can't afford the $1499 price. So we've released "LinnStrument 128" for the lower price of $999. It's identical to LinnStrument except 128 note pads instead of 200. It fits nicely in a backpack and includes the new Step Sequencer. (See below.)
We're accepting orders now on our online store for shipping during the week of November 14. I expect they'll sell out pretty quickly, so you might want get your order in soon. If you'd prefer to buy through a dealer, please ask your favorite dealer to place an order with us."
And on the software update:
"We've just released software version 2.0.0 with the following new features:
* New Polyphonic 2-Track Step Sequencer!
* Significantly better velocity response
* Release velocity. Now LinnStrument is "5D" in Roli-speak. :)
* 4 new LED colors: white, orange, lime and pink.
* 14-bit pressure resolution using LSB/MSB Control Change pairs.
* The MIDI OUT jack can now also act as a combined MIDI OUT and MIDI THRU.
* Panel and Foot Switches can now be assigned to Tap Tempo.
Click here to learn more and update your LinnStrument. All of these new features are in LinnStrument 128."