MATRIXSYNTH: KORG Legacy Digital Edition adds the T1

Friday, March 02, 2007

KORG Legacy Digital Edition adds the T1

"In addition, the Version 1.5 free update added all of the PCM data of the successor to the M1 - the T Series - including the piano PCM that was included only on the flagship T1. Along with the Programs and Combinations of the T-Series instruments, the entire contents of the optional TSD-01 through 05 disks are also included. Each of the TSD disks contains additional PCM data and Programs and Combinations using those new samples. For additional information about the T-Series PCM Library, click here."

Note the legacy edition includes all of the expansion ROM cards for the M1. This is where I think digital softsynths excel. You can replicate the sound because it was digital to begin with and the UI is actually better on a PC screen vs. the small LCD menu driven originals.

via Loonytunes

10 comments:

1. who would want an m1? there's a million of them floating around and they retain their a lot of their value, so apparently a lot of people do want them, but who are they and why?

ReplyDelete
  2. For the very reason that theres a million of them floating around!
    I have softsynths with 8gb+ libraries that fail to match up to the quality of the patches on the m1 that had just a few mb of sample memory.
    Its the quality and originality of the samples and programs that use them that makes it so popular, these exact samples were then used in the x3, 05 etc and some of them are still around in the Triton!
    Absolute classic examples of s+s synthesis that Roland et all have emulated since.

ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matrixsynth, thanks for the credit on this one appreciate it.
    By the way how does someone submit an interesting video or bit of info to matrixsynth for assesment?

ReplyDelete
  4. Just shoot me an email. The address is on the right nav or matrixsynth[at]hotmail.com.

ReplyDelete
  5. loonytunes:

To submit to Matrixsynth, you take a small square (not rectangular) cardboard box and fill it with what you wish to submit (CD's, print-outs, etc.. are fine).

Inside the box, also place a dead dove (or pidgeon) and fill it with spirits (Wine or Beer, but not Whiskey). Adding a lit cigarette also helps.

Now seal the box with red candle wax and scratch nine rings into the top of the box with the finger of a dead keyboard player.

Now, take a spoon (or spork), and bend it with your mind (or rather, bend your mind, not the spoon). Balance this 'bent' spoon in the center of the nine rings, and chant (best in ancient Sanskrit, Hittite Sumerian, Pharaonic, Akkadian, or even Zuni). Hebrew will do in a pinch:

"the fish is delish when served in a dish"

nine times, naked.

Then hold your breath until you pass out, and well, that's it.

ReplyDelete
  6. I tried that it didn't work.

ReplyDelete
  7. @doktor
    LOL, ok i will try it next time!
    Got everything but the dead keyboard players finger, i will have to work on that one

ReplyDelete
  8. doktor future:

I'll have some of what you're smoking, please.

Cheers,
    WS

ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the return of the Dusty Sax patch...

ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Dr Future,
    What should vegan say, instead of eating fish ;-)??? I'm vegan, and synth lover too!

ReplyDelete

To reduce spam, comments for posts older than one week are not displayed until approved, usually same day. Do not insult people. For items for sale, do not ask if it is still available. Check the auction link and search for the item. Auctions are from various sellers and expire over time. Posts remain for the pics and historical purposes. This site is meant to be a daily snapshot of some of what was out there in the world of synths.

PREVIOUS PAGE NEXT PAGE HOME

Patch n Tweak
Switched On Make Synthesizer Evolution Vintage Synthesizers Creating Sound Fundlementals of Synthesizer Programming Kraftwerk

© Matrixsynth - All posts are presented here for informative, historical and educative purposes as applicable within fair use.
MATRIXSYNTH is supported by affiliate links that use cookies to track clickthroughs and sales. See the privacy policy for details.
MATRIXSYNTH - EVERYTHING SYNTH