MATRIXSYNTH: Sequential Circuits Prophet T8

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sequential Circuits Prophet T8

images via this auction

"The T8 has been the finest analog synthesizer since its introduction in 1983. With fully polyphonic pressure sensors and velocity sensitivity, real wooden keys with flying hammers, it has also been (and still is) one of the most sought after midi controllers as well. It has an extensive MIDI capability and eight voices utilizing Curtis oscillators and filters, with split and double capability. The T8 is one of those instruments that requires precision while programming. The parameters seem to have greater range than the Prophet 5. It sounds wonderful and is a joy to play. The T8 is also one of the rarest synths ever produced at a total of maybe 500 units."

3 comments:

1. Rare? Nothing is rare when there are >100 of them.

What's 500ish / 630278051 (rough population of earth as I write this) = about .0000793300669770586696188155% of the population could have have one of these synths. See? Plenty for everyone.

Now, the Ionic Performer is really Rare. there are under 15, maybe under 10 known Ionic Performers left in existence. That's a whoppingly low .0000023799020093117600885644% If them'd be bird flu numbers, we'd have nothing to worry about.

(Wizard needs food badly!)

ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this just a repackaged prophet 600, but with a nice keybed? Were there really only 500? I've seen quite a few of them.

ReplyDelete
  3. I have one.
    It is not a Prophet 600, had one, hated it.
    It had a very Junoish sound to it that I can't stand.
    Not that it sounded like a Juno but it had a really bad sound like a Juno 106 ( I know lots of people love them for some reason ).

I have a T8 in perfect condition, reworked the keyboard, all pots and switches good. It is awesome much bigger sound than a Prophet 5 (have one too). Not a better sound, just bigger.
    It's closer to a Rev 3 Prophet in sound than the Prophet 600.

The keyboard touch and feel has never been duplicated or even gotten close. It is the best ever and makes it a great controller except for the lack of other MIDI controllers.

ReplyDelete

To reduce spam, comments for posts older than one week are not displayed until approved, usually same day. Do not insult people. For items for sale, do not ask if it is still available. Check the auction link and search for the item. Auctions are from various sellers and expire over time. Posts remain for the pics and historical purposes. This site is meant to be a daily snapshot of some of what was out there in the world of synths.

PREVIOUS PAGE NEXT PAGE HOME

Patch n Tweak
Switched On Make Synthesizer Evolution Vintage Synthesizers Creating Sound Fundlementals of Synthesizer Programming Kraftwerk

© Matrixsynth - All posts are presented here for informative, historical and educative purposes as applicable within fair use.
MATRIXSYNTH is supported by affiliate links that use cookies to track clickthroughs and sales. See the privacy policy for details.
MATRIXSYNTH - EVERYTHING SYNTH