MATRIXSYNTH: Sequential Circuits Prophet T8 Synthesizer SN 000234 Owned by Original Designer of the T8 Steve Salani ?

Monday, October 26, 2020

Sequential Circuits Prophet T8 Synthesizer SN 000234 Owned by Original Designer of the T8 Steve Salani ?

Note: Auction links are affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
Clives Synth Channel

Note this video is from Aug 1, 2015. Not sure if it's the exact same one in the listing below but it was included with the pics.

"Just a quick run through of sounds (mostly created by me) on my T8. Sorry no speaking, or maybe that's a blessing? Rig is T8 mono out into summing amp then into Mac linein, recorded on Quick Time. If I was speaking, I'd be making the point that the T8 does sound fat and lovely - almost all the sounds in the demo are Single (and therefore 8 note poly). I'd also make the point that the expressiveness of the keyboard makes it quite an exceptional synth. First sound is left bank 77. After that Right bank 37, then it just works through right bank starting at 12 and ascending mostly sequentially. You'll notice a couple of sections in the vid where I obviously demo the aftertouch and show 2 keys (both Cs) that are a bit dysfunctional. You'll notice they require a bit of extra pressure and accuracy to play. Recording is completely dry, so a bit exacting on the keyboard technique, especially as I'm kneeling down playing this! Anyway, hope it gives an idea of how good a T8 really sounds and how versatile it is."

via this auction

"The Prophet T8 is a legendary polyphonic analog synthesizer. It's widely considered the greatest instrument ever produced by Sequential, and "one of the best built analog synthesizers of all time."

This unit is especially unique, as it is the personal instrument of Steve Salani, the original hardware designer of the T8! This is your opportunity to own one of the rarest and most historic electronic keyboards of the 20th century.

The 76-note wooden keyboard action resembles that of a fine crafted acoustic piano, and offers adjustable velocity and polyphonic pressure sensitivity that captures every nuance of your performance.

The 8-voice Prophet T8 offers four keyboard modes: single, double, unison, or split. The instrument retains the characteristic sound of the famous Prophet 5, and includes 128 patches that feature dynamic response to velocity and pressure.

Each voice consists of two oscillators, a filter, VCA, noise source, and two ADSR envelopes. The versatile polyphonic modulation features expand the sonic capabilities of the instrument. There's even a built-in sequencer with variable playback speed!

This instrument has been safely stored in a smoke-free studio and is in excellent condition. It is configured for operation on 110V power. It will ship inside a high-quality A&S padded road case (see photos) and includes a power cord (the keyboard stand is not included). The instrument is still supported by winecountrysequential.com, who sell manuals, documentation, and some parts."

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce spam, comments for posts older than one week are not displayed until approved, usually same day. Do not insult people. For items for sale, do not ask if it is still available. Check the auction link and search for the item. Auctions are from various sellers and expire over time. Posts remain for the pics and historical purposes. This site is meant to be a daily snapshot of some of what was out there in the world of synths.

PREVIOUS PAGE NEXT PAGE HOME

Patch n Tweak
Switched On Make Synthesizer Evolution Vintage Synthesizers Creating Sound Fundlementals of Synthesizer Programming Kraftwerk

© Matrixsynth - All posts are presented here for informative, historical and educative purposes as applicable within fair use.
MATRIXSYNTH is supported by affiliate links that use cookies to track clickthroughs and sales. See the privacy policy for details.
MATRIXSYNTH - EVERYTHING SYNTH