Featured Listings (more)
Monday, February 13, 2017
The SynthiMuse - MIDI Composer/Re-Composer
Target price ~ £300 / $400.
Expected to be ready mid to late March 2017.
"The SynthiMuse is random music composer/re-composer that creates MIDI notes.
It can do a number of different things:
1. It can create endless random sequences of MIDI notes derived from the genuine random internal noise generator that is the same circuit as that used in the analog synthesizers of the 1970’s
The notes created are truly random. Any note sequence it generates has never been heard before, and if you don’t save it to a loop, it’ll never be heard again.
Sequences are generated by setting the parameters on the controls that can influence the notes. You can set the Key and the Scale and the generated notes, velocities and lengths can be affected by LFO, Noise, and Audio.
2. It can ‘re-compose’ notes passed to it from the MIDI input.
You can play any note melody in to it ( or no melody at all, just a repeating single note ) and, using the setups on the SynthiMuse panel, it will create new melodies.
3. It can trigger off audio picked up from the internal microphone or an external audio source.
You can sing or speak in to the SynthiMuse and it can either be influenced by the audio or actually triggered by it.
The SynthiMuse is sensitive to the pitch of the audio so singing/playing high and low notes can influence the pitch of the MIDI notes created.
4. It’s an arpeggiator that can create simple or complex arpeggios on the MIDI notes played in to it.
5. It is a loop machine that memorises the last 64 notes created and can save them in to 4 loop memories. The loop memories are 64 notes deep and each loop can play a section of this memory from 1 to 32 notes long. The memories are non-volatile meaning you won't ever lose them when you switch off the SynthiMuse.
6. It can create ‘Variations’ on the stored loops. Using buttons on the panel, you can use the SynthiMuse’s parameters to create variations of the lengths or pitches of all the notes in a loop.
A MIDI COMPOSER/RE-COMPOSER
Endless Random Sequences
Trigger From Audio
Constrain To Scales
Published on Dec 4, 2016 The SynthiMuse
An exploration of the main SynthiMuse features.
Walk With Fire
You can find additional demos here: https://synthimuse.wordpress.com/samples/