Featured Listings (more)
Monday, February 20, 2017
Published on Feb 20, 2017
"Born in 2017 from the experience of SYNTHMEETING event in Torino, It is its natural evolution and inherits all the know-how acquired in six long years of work and success.
SOUNDMIT - International Sound Summit, created from the same working group of SYNTHMEETING, is the new and biggest event dedicated to musical instrument's world in Italy.
Entered in the Turin art week on 3/5 November 2017, SOUNDMIT welcomes the SYNTH MEETING and opens the doors to other sectors of the musical world: Software, Dj Point, Makers, Schools, Recording studios, Record labels, Luthiers, Dealers and Manufacturer are just some of the innovations included in this new event."
And the official press release:
"Torino, February 2017
SYNTH MEETING present SOUNDMIT (International Sound Summit)
We are pleased to finally announce the developments of the S YNTHMEETING o f Torino during the last months.
The SYNTHMEETING , which began in 2011 from an idea of F rancesco Mulassano a nd ran till 2016 together with Luca Torasso, will be part of a newest and bigger event.
After the success of the sixth edition which brought over 2 500 visitors and 60 international brands to Torino, we have decided to take a step forward.
In 2016 we set up the Associazione Culturale NOISECOLLECTIVE with the founding members being Francesco Mulassano, Luca Torasso and Luca Minelli ( www.noisecollective.net ) then we enlarged the network with some acquisitions. Are part of NOISECOLLECTIVE :
- SYNTHMEETING , the only event dedicated to the world of synthesizers and electronic musical instruments capable of involving over 2500 people and 60 international brands (data from 2016)
- The Facebook group SYNTH CAFÈ, with more than 14,000 members is a reference point in the field of synthesis and electronic music in Italy, created by L uca Minelli in 2011.
- The music portal ULTRASONICA h as been an online reference point since 2004 for music news and live event photos with an exclusive photographic archive which hosts over 12,000 photos.
- The Facebook group STRUMENTI MUSICALI USATI with 5400 members is among the largest and most active italian groups for buying and selling musical instruments on Facebook.
These acquisitions have immediately incremented the network guaranteeing a group of nearly 22,000 members.
After the closing of the sixth edition of the meeting we immediately started working on creating a new event which inherits the know-how gained through the experience of the SYNTHMEETING and the other events which followed in these months (MOD01, OpenDay, The Golden Synth Era with Felice Manzo, Arduino and Synth with Pier Calderan, Modular Synth Masterclass con Gino Robair).
SOUNDMIT - International Sound Summit ( www.soundmit.com)
Published on Feb 20, 2017 John L Rice
"This is audio of my performances at Modular On The Spot using my small custom eurorack briefcase which mainly consists of modules from Synthesis Technology, Happy Nerding, Doepfer, Erica Synths, Mutable Instrumentsand a few others. The lid contains a Mackie 402-VLZ3 mixer and two TC Electronics pedals.
Thanks to Bradley Millington for inviting me to play both times and thanks to Donald Crunk for connecting me with Bradley! :-) Also kudos to Bradley for organizing, running and recording the Seattle MOTS events!
Check out MOKEDO, a great space in Seattle for performing and experiencing all things artistically creative!
MOTS (Modular On The Spot) is a (mostly) outdoor event of modular synth performances was started July 2015 by Eric Cheslak (aka Rodent) and Bana Haffar in Los Angeles and since then has gained international attention, with off-shoot events in Portland, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago and at Moogfest. More info here:
Published on Feb 20, 2017 Perfect Circuit Audio
"Using the Boredbrain Music Patchulator 8000 to route sounds from a Roland TR-808 drum machine to multiple effects. Effects used are the Knas Ekdahl Moisturizer spring reverb and filter, Sherman Filterbank 2 distortion dual filter, Retro Mechanical Labs Electron Fuzz and Walrus Audio Descent Reverb.
Available here: https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/b..."
MATRIXSYNTH members get a %10 discount at Perfect Circuit Audio! See the membership page for details.
Published on Feb 20, 2017 marsupialmicron
"It was not created for the Starbuck´s coffe shop jam, it was created to last, sitting in an obscure cave, until after everyone has gone, there is an FM synth that is fun to program.
Yes, it’s brown, big, bulky, limited and with a small brain (like a dinosaur), but having certain disadvantages, like the lack of velocity in the keys and only having four operators, makes it much easier to edit and therefore more fun.
The DX9 is providing all the sequences, the guitar like sound is the DX7 II fd, Volca for beats. Effects, only reverb from the mini kaoss pad 2S
The video is out of sync, but you get the idea."
Published on Feb 20, 2017 MIDI Designer
"Yamaha U1 Transacoustic Piano, Yamaha reface DX, Yamaha Bluetooth MIDI dongle and MDXG: XG Sound Set Controller by Craig Knudsen. In this video: Dan Rosenstark (Author & CEO, MIDI Designer), Craig Knudsen (Yamaha) and Aaron Ross (Yamaha Artist Services, New York City)."
Published on Feb 20, 2017 Lavender Synth
"'Carved Intentions' is the first single from Lavender's sophomore album 'Horizons Beneath the Surface' (Jacktone records, 2016).
### Full video out on: 03.24.17 ###
Link to full-lenght album: https://lavendersynth.com/HBTS.html"
Full video out on: 03.24.17
Praise for 'Carved Intentions':
'Unforgettable three-minute-long portrait of Giallo horror containing nothing beyond a plaintive, warbling synthesizer backed by a careful bassline, does so much with so little it must be heard to be believed.' -SF Weekly
'Easily compared to the complex spontaneity of early Pink Floyd and the uncanny atmospherics of John Carpenter.' -XLR8R
Best Albums of 2016 list -KALX Radio"
An upcoming release via MATRIXSYNTH member, Lavender.
Update: for booking: email@example.com
Also the track Carved Intentions is 100% KORG Poly-800ii.
Published on Feb 20, 2017 EHX
"The SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine emulates classic electronic synthesizers and features nine of the most distinctive vintage synth type sounds: OBX, PROFIT V, VIBE SYNTH, MINI MOOD, EHX MINI, SOLO SYNTH, MOOD BASS, STRING SYNTH and POLY VI."
"The polyphonic SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine transforms your guitar or bass with 9 presets that were precisely tuned to emulate the most sought after, vintage synthesizer sounds ever! From searing lead synths to spacey synth pads and deep, funky, synth bass grooves, it’s all accessible.
The SYNTH9 is also super easy to use with DRY volume, SYNTH volume, CTRL1 and CTRL2 knobs that provide precise control over each preset’s parameters.
If you dig the kind of classic synth sounds made famous on recordings by groups like ELP, EVH, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, Parliament/Funkadelic, Peter Gabriel and more, we think you’ll love the SYNTH9.
TIPS ON GETTING OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE FROM THE SYNTH9
1. The SYNTH9 is generally best used as the first pedal in an effects chain. Place modulation, delay, and reverb effects after the SYNTH9. The unit will not perform well if placed in the effects loop of a guitar amp.
2. For optimal playability, set the guitar’s pickup selector to the bridge pickup and turn the volume knob all the way up (“10”).
3. Avoid placing a distortion or overdrive in front of the SYNTH9, which could muddy up the input signal and cause the tracking to be unstable. If you want to add overdrive or distortion, place it after the SYNTH9.
4. The SYNTH9 has a built in compressor that is active on the synth sounds at all times. We recommend you do not insert another compressor into your signal chain while the SYNTH9 is in effect mode.
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or bass into that of a vintage synthesizer
- 9 presets that were created to emulate many of the most popular synthesizer sounds ever
- Works on guitar or bass without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- The SYNTH9’s usable tracking range extends up to about the 23rd fret on the high-E string of a standard guitar and down to the open A-string on a bass guitar
- Use the SYNTH9 with a B9 or C9 Organ Machine as well as the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine and MEL9 Tape Replay Machine to create your own mega-keyboard setup
- EHX 9.6DC-200 PSU included
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)"
Published on Feb 20, 2017 Rüdiger Gaenslen
"Roland Jupiter-8 with Strymon Big Sky
I used two custom made pads in Dual Mode (4 oscillators) and tweaked around a little bit. It was recorded life with Apogee Symphony and Logic Pro X. I used as insert effect a Strymon Big Sky with the Cloud Reverb.
Enjoy and like it:-)"